This is a great opportunity to join a successful Accounting Firm based in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD, who have quadrupled their size over the last 5 years, working on a portfolio of clients with turnovers up to $60million, ranging across a variety of industries. This role is perfect for an Advisory focused accountant, with a commitment to providing excellent service to clients.
The business offers a very modern approach to accounting, using a range of software. The company also offers frequent external training, company socials and a smart casual dress code.
- Preparing Financial Statements, Income Tax Returns and Activity Statements for a range of clients, ranging from Individuals, Trusts, Companies, SMSF’s etc.
- Attending monthly meetings with clients.
- Tax planning and advisory work, including management reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
- Involvement in transactional and complex projects, such as mergers, structuring advice, acquisitions etc.
- Reviewing the work of and mentoring Junior Accountants.
- Liaising with various organisations on behalf of clients.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience within Public Practice Accounting.
- CPA/CA Accredited.
- Experience with more complex tax specialist areas such as Div7a and Capital Gains Tax.
- Experience using MYOB and XERO.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Strong communication skills and confidence speaking with clients and colleagues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to take initiative and work pro-actively with minimal direction.
- Competitive salary package.
- Being a part of a fun and social team, frequent social events and team lunches.
- High level advisory work, opportunity to work hands on with large clients to add value to their businesses.
- Relaxed dress policy – business casual.
- Bi-monthly external training on compliance & advisory topics.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Open plan CBD based office, extremely close to public transport.
If this role sounds interesting, please apply directly. If this is not quite what you're looking for, email me, for an insight on the multiple roles that we are working on across all levels at firstname.lastname@example.org