Purpose of the role:
To provide support and assist with the completion of Accounting work for a broad range of clients. Work must be thorough and complete whilst applying sound accounting principles and practices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting with the preparation of Business Activity Statements
- Scope of work: sole traders, SME's and Medical Practices
- Preparation of financial statements, income tax returns and business activity statements for companies, trusts, partnerships, and individuals
- Building rapport with clients by assisting with day-to-day enquiries and having client meetings; and
- Liaising with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) and other regulatory bodies when required
- Must have a Bachelor of Business/Commerce (Accounting)
- CPA/CA Qualification in progress
- Must have 3 years post-university experience in Business services within Public Practice
- Must have experience in MYOB , Quickbooks, Xero and Cloud based software (experience with MYOB Accountants Office is desirable)
- Have knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are absolutely essential for this role as client contact is encouraged from the offset
- A high attention to details with effective time management skills and the ability to manage prioritised work flow
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to make informed decisions with confidence and as necessary
You can expect to receive formal training from the offset along with being part of a recently implemented successful mentoring programme.
The successful candidate can expect to progress into a strong senior accountant over a 2 to 3 year period.
For an informal discussion please contact Alexandria Craig on 07 3224 9300, alternatively simply click "Apply" to submit your Resume.